For actors in EGL226/526 Acting and Production 1 at Murdoch University.
Please choose at least two scenes and roles from the following list and email your choices to me.
Feel free to nominate a scene jointly with other students. I may have to ask some people to read a second role (not to be assessed) in a scene with another student, though I would prefer not to have to do this.
After the readings in class in Week 3, I have deleted some of the scenes from the list (see below).
These are the scripts, in PDF format. Right-click to download.
1. Two Women. ‘Amy’s View’ by David Hare
2. ‘Borderline’ by Haneif Kureishi’
3. ‘The House of Bernarda Alba’ by Lorca
4. ‘Low Level Panic’ by Claire McIntyre
5. ‘Top Girls’ by Caryl Churchill
6. Three Women. The Season at Sarsaparilla by Patrick White
7. The Crucible by Arthur Miller
8. One Woman / One Man. 27 Wagons Full of Cotton by Tennessee Williams
9. Bitter Kane by Genny Lim
10. The Crucible by Arthur Miller
11. Closer by Patrick Marber
12. Ruby Moon by Matt Cameron
13. The Seagull by Anton Chekhov
14. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
15. Two Women, One Man. A Doll’s House by Henrik Ibsen
16. Wolf Lullaby by Hilary Bell.
17. Two Men. The House of Ramon Iglesia by José Rivera
18. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf? By Edward Albee
19. Two Women /Two Men. The Breakfast Club (screenplay) by John Hughes
20. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf? By Edward Albee